19.1.11

          I made this in 2002. I was really getting into collecting found lists. Shopping lists especially. However I preferred shopping lists that weren't found at the grocery store. This discovery was too obvious and easy. A shopping list found on the side of a highway however felt to embody more inherent value as an object. I remember one windy rain-soaked day, a list blew onto my chest. A tattered and very damp piece of yellow office stock, 2.5" x 4". In red ink were scribed a list of items for purchase. They were not all groceries.
          I often find myself reading these lists in the same regard with which they were composed. "CEREAL" then in brackets, as a reminder "(ANY KIND)". You can tell a lot about a person by the way they organize themselves. 
          I like the multi-component lists that incorporate an itemization of scheduled tasks to perform with consumer activities and  positive reinforcement. "DROP BY CHARLIE'S" - "NEW BELT" - "SHAMPOO" - "RICE" - "CLEAN THE BATHROOM!" - "CALL ROBERTA" - "BE GOOD" - "ORANGES", etc. 
          The lists kept crossing my path, and I theirs. This to me was important too. I began to make work with, and based on my amassing collection. Here my list of "Things to Remember".



No comments:

Post a Comment